What We Believe
Below you'll find a list of what we believe. It is what most pentecostal charismatic churches believe. It's incredibly wordy but incredibly important. As an adage we have the following ten key things at Eden.
1) God is good always.
2) Spiritual Gifts are for all and are always for edification.
3) The Holy Spirit is gentle and powerful in equal measure.
4) God is one, yet three; Father, Son and Holy Spirit. They are never disunited.
5) The Bible is the inspired word of God and it's words therefore give life always.
6) Following the model of Jesus, we love people to change, we don't judge them to change.
7) Miracles and the Supernatural are to become our normal. God isn't holding back, we need to tune in.
8) We believe the Bible and God are optimistic and full of Hope, therefore, we also need to be.
9) God wants everyone healed, saved and delivered, no exceptions. He likes to use us to bring that about.
10) Everyone's on a journey, but we must take responsibility for our own selfish 'sinful' lifestyles, hearts and attitudes, allowing God to heal us. We don't ask for anything. Come as you are. We don't do perfection, we believe with you for progress.
We believe that the Bible (i.e. the Old and New Testaments excluding the Apocrypha), is the inspired Word of God, the infallible, all sufficient rule for faith and practice.
◦ 2 Tim. 3:15-16, 2 Peter 1:21
We believe in the unity of the One True and Living God who is the Eternal, Self-Existent “I AM”, Who has also revealed Himself as One being co-existing in three Persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit
◦ Deuteronomy 6:4, Mark 12:29, Matt 28:19, 2 Corinthians 13:14
We believe in the Virgin Birth, Sinless Life, Miraculous Ministry, Substitutionary Atoning Death, Bodily Resurrection, Triumphant Ascension and Abiding Intercession of the Lord Jesus Christ and in His personal, visible, bodily return in power and glory as the blessed hope of all believers
◦ Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Hebrews 7:26, 1 Peter 2:22, Acts 2:22, 10:38, 2 Corinthians 5:21, Hebrews 9:12, Luke 24:39, 1 Corinthians 15:4, Acts 1:9,
Ephesians 4:8-10, Romans 8:34, Hebrews 7:25, 1 Corinthians 15:22-24, 51-57, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, Revelation 20:1-6
We believe in the fall of man, who was created pure and upright, but fell by voluntary transgression.
◦ Genesis 1:26-31, 3:1-7, Romans 5:12-21
We believe in salvation through faith in Christ, who, according to the Scriptures, died for our sins, was buried and was raised from the dead on the third day, and that through His Blood we have Redemption.
◦ Titus 2:11, 3:5-7, Romans 10:8-15, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
This experience is also known as the new birth, and is an instantaneous and complete operation of the Holy Spirit upon initial faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
◦ John 3:5-6, James 1:18, 1 Peter 1:23, 1 John 5:1
We believe that all who have truly repented and believed in Christ as Lord and Saviour are commanded to be baptised by immersion in water.
◦ Matt. 28:19, Acts 10:47-48, Acts 2:38-39
We believe in the baptism in the Holy Spirit as an enduement of the believer with power for service.
◦ Acts 1:4-5, 8, 2:4, 10:44-46, 11:14-16, 19:6
We believe in the operation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit and the gifts of Christ in the Church today.
◦ 1 Corinthians 12:4-11, 28, Ephesians 4:7-16
We believe in holiness of life and conduct in obedience to the command of God.
◦ 1 Peter 1:14-16, Hebrews 12:14, 1 Thessalonians 5:23, 1 John 2:6
We believe that deliverance from sickness, by Divine Healing is provided for in the Atonement.
◦ Isaiah 53:4-5, Matthew 8:16-17, James 5:13-16
We believe that all who have truly repented and believe in Christ as Lord and Saviour should regularly participate in Breaking of Bread.
◦ Luke 22:14-20, 1 Corinthians 11:20-34
We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men, the everlasting conscious bliss of all who truly believe in our Lord Jesus Christ and the everlasting conscious punishment of all whose names are not written in the Book of Life.
◦ Daniel 12:2-3, John 5:28-29, 1 Corinthians 15:22-24, Matthew 25:46, 2 Thessalonians 1:9, Revelation 20:10-15